So this past week has been so crazy busy with school ending for my kiddos as well as my finals coming to an end ( Thank God!). Thankfully, I passed both and I can finally relax a little and have some much needed quiet time. So on December 9th, The Father’s Girl nominated me for the 3.2.1. Quote me challenge. She has some great blog posts that you can check out here.
The Rules Of This Challenge Are As Follows:
• Thank the Selector
• Post 2 quotes for the dedicated topic of the day
• Select 3 bloggers to take part in ‘3.2.1 Quote Me!’
• Give them a topic/word
I want to thank The Father’s Girl for nominating me. I appreciate you girl! My topic/word was truth and here’s what I came up with:
Here are my nominees:
Your word for this challenge is love ❤
*You can choose whether or not if you want to participate. If you do, you can complete the challenge whenever works best for you!
Now on to this Liebster Award 🙂 I’ve seen a couple of the bloggers I follow get nominated for this award and it’s interesting to learn more about the people I follow. Tamra, author of the blog Grace Speech nominated me for this particular award. I’m excited to answer the 11 questions she had for me.
Why do you write?
I write because I really want to be an inspiration to other people. My husband recently asked me what do I expect to come from this blog, whether it be money, recognition, ect. and honestly, I just want to tell people about God. I’m not so concerned about the number of followers I have so that I can make a “name” for myself, but the more followers I have, the more people I can reach spiritually 🙂
When do you write?
Right now, I’m trying to be more consistent with setting a time/date for writing. As of now, I kinda just write when something happens in my life. For example, I’m working on my post for next week in which I will talk about my experience with juice cleansing for a week! That’s going to be fun to talk about so stay posted.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
I feel like Christmas isn’t Christmas without baking some cookies!!! I absolutely LOVE Nestle’s chocolate chip lovers cookies and I’m in love with the Christmas shortbread cookies from Walmart. See, this is why I had to do a cleanse! lol But cookies, playing Christmas music, and shopping for gifts are traditions that I do every year. I want my family to start some traditions of our own, but we’re still working on that.
What is your favorite song, (Christmas or otherwise)?
Definitely O Holy Night for Christmas and Make Me a House of Prayer by Eddie James.
What is your favorite book?
Hmm, I guess I’d have to say Kept by Sally Bradley. It’s a Christian fiction novel about how an unbeliever falls in love with a Christian and how she comes to find Christ herself. It’s a sweet story of mercy. grace, and love and how no one has to be perfect to come to God or to be loved.
Where are you from?
I was born in Saginaw, MI, but I moved to Riverdale, GA when I was around three. During my eighth grade year, I moved back to Michigan and graduated from high school.
Where is your favorite place you have ever traveled?
I’ve gotten around a little from being in choirs to studying abroad, but it comes down to two places: Florida and New York. Maybe moreso Florida because NY is extremely busy and fast moving and I’m not sure if that’s really what I like. But down south in FL, it’s nice and sunny and I just get a beach type vibe all day.
Do you speak any languages other than English?
So I know very little French, which is a shame because that’s why I went to study abroad in Senegal! But I also know a little Spanish. I’m not fluent in either, but I hope to be one day.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love reading, binge watching Netflix (just got done wrapping up Legacies :)), and just spending time with my hubby and son. You have to get your quality time guys! Life is too short.
What would you do if you could do anything you wanted for an entire day with an unlimited budget?
SHOPPING!!!!! Lol. I’d clean out my current wardrobe, get an entirely new one, go out to eat, go see some movies, maybe even travel somewhere! I’d be busy lol
What’s the biggest question you have for God?
The biggest question I have for God is…..when are you coming? Don’t get me wrong, I really don’t WANT to know the exact time, date, ect. But I am anxious to see Him face to face and behold His glory physically. I experience it daily spiritually by praying, going to church, ministering and whatnot, but I know it’s going to be a completely different experience come judgement day.
11 Random Thoughts About Me:
- I don’t like sleeping with socks on unless I’m really cold
- I almost always find a song to go with a phrase that someone just said.
- Although I sing pretty well, when I’m in a crazy fun mood I’ll sing like a crazy off key person at karaoke 🙂
- I hate green olives
- I constantly crack my knuckles
- I like ice cream in the winter
- I like mustard on my tacos
- I love surprises
- Sometimes I wait to the last minute to do things and it always works out!
- I’m always late
- I like to pick at stuff
My 11 Nominees
11 Questions for Nominees
- What made you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
- If you could change anything from your past, what would it be?
- Iphone or Android? lol
- What’s your favorite Christmas/holiday memory?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What’s one thing you regret not doing?
- What was your most impressionable encounter/experience with God?
- Christmas/holiday gathering isn’t the same without this food:
- What’s your biggest question for God?
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 11 questions (You can make up your own questions or use the ones I provided)
Thanks again Tamra for the nomination. I hope you guys enjoy reading!
One final note: the giveaway! The prize for today is $20 through CashApp! The entry requirements are easy. Simply like this post, post your CashApp name in the comments and your favorite Christmas song! Good luck! Winner will be chosen Saturday 😚